POSITION TITLE: Transportation Specialist
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Program Manager
STATUS: Full time, Non-Exempt
Commute Seattle is a nonprofit Transportation Management Association founded in 2004. Our mission is to foster mobility partnerships to keep Seattle moving and thriving for all. We are a non-profit supported by an alliance between the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the City of Seattle. Commute Seattle is a fast-paced organization focused on partnering with employers and institutions to implement Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that positively change commute behavior, improve quality of life and support economic and environmental goals. The Transportation Specialist is a vital part of a team supporting a nationally- recognized TDM program in a city with cutting edge multi-modal transportation and new mobility programs.
The Transportation Specialist works as part of a team to provide best-practice transportation technical assistance, support, and guidance to Seattle’s largest employers (affected by Washington State’s Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) law) and large buildings with city – mandated Transportation Management Programs (TMPs). Alongside knowledge of Seattle’s transportation options, the specialist uses employer best practice research and excellent customer service skills to aid large businesses and buildings across Seattle to:
• Achieve compliance with state and city mandates,
• Implement a workplace commuter survey, biennial reporting, and
• Provide effective TDM solutions for their employees.
Another key objective for the specialist is educational programming for business and property managers, including trainings, events, and associated collateral materials. This work is carried out under Commute Seattle’s service agreement with Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) and the Specialist will work closely with program staff at the agency.
• Aid businesses and property managers to develop CTR/TMP programs and evaluate each program’s effectiveness and compliance with City and State requirements
• Provide timely and friendly customer service to employers and property managers seeking information about transportation options
• Plan and execute high quality educational/informational seminars, brown bag presentations, one-on-one meetings, and small group presentations
• Track contract deliverables, maintain client database system, and fulfill all internal and external administrative functions associated with the position
• Work collaboratively with partner organizations which include the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Washington State Department of Transportation and the City of Seattle. Represent current partner products, services, promotions and policies accurately and professionally
• Engage with the Commute Seattle team on opportunities to innovate and move the needle towards increased use of sustainable transportation options for all
• A minimum of 1 year of related employment which may include client management, account management, transportation demand management, commute trip reduction, consultative sales, transportation planning or another related field
• Demonstrated history of increasingly responsible experience performing a variety and complexity of responsibilities associated with this position
• Competency with MS Office and Google Suite
• Passion for transportation and collaboration
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage complex projects within a fast paced, high volume environment with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, evaluate and communicate technical information in writing and/or orally to a broad range of audiences
• The candidate must be detail-oriented and have extremely strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated interest in the field of multi-modal transportation; previous experience implementing transportation demand management strategies preferred
• Strong client management and customer service skills
• Ability to develop and present persuasive information to groups, public speaking experience
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work assignments and consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to act in a tactful and diplomatic manner and work on sensitive issues with diverse group of individuals
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, have strong collaboration skills and sense of responsibility
• Experience using Tableau software, Adobe Creative programs, GIS or other mapping / analysis software
The application period has closed. No longer accepting applications.