The West Seattle Bridge is closed now and for the foreseeable future. Due to cracks and long-term damage to the bridge, the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) determined the safest option was to close the bridge. Traffic and connectivity to and from West Seattle and nearby Duwamish Valley communities are the most severely impacted.
Our team of transportation professionals is available to help provide free assistance to businesses located in West Seattle or with employees commuting from the affected areas.
Take The Survey
Live or work in West Seattle? Take SDOT’s Reconnect West Seattle survey and let them know what you need to move on and off West Seattle.
Solutions For Your West Seattle Employees
Do you have employees or a business located in West Seattle? It’s time to think about how your employees get around as we move through COVID-19 re-opening phases. Plan ahead and prepare a holistic suite of options for your employees.
Options for your Employees can include:
- Telework: allows employees to skip a commute trip and work remotely, either from home or another location.
- Flexible Scheduling: shift commute trips out of peak commuting hours (6-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.) to avoid congestion on roads or transit.
- Compressed Work Week: allows an employee to work a traditional 35-40 hour workweek in less than the traditional number of workdays.
- Satellite Office: establishes a work location that is physically separate from an employer’s main office, shortening or simplifying commute trips for a nearby concentration of employees.
- Carpool/Vanpool: Providing formal or informal ways for your staff to commute together. King County Metro offers vanpool options that work with ORCA Business programs.
- Transit Pass Programs: Public transportation will have priority lanes to travel to and from West Seattle. Providing ORCA transit passes to your employees allows for many options to choose from when commuting to your work site. Learn more about ORCA for Business.