What is Flexwork?
Flexwork is a holistic suite of workplace policies, allowing commuters to avoid travel during peak commute hours.
Flexwork policies include:
- Telework/Remote Work: allows employees to skip a commute trip and work remotely, either from home or another location.
- Flexible Scheduling: shift commute trips out of peak commuting hours (aka rush hour) to avoid congestion on roads or transit.
- CWW: allows an employee to work a traditional 35-40 hour workweek in less than the traditional number of workdays.
- Satellite Office: establishes a work location that is physically separate from an employer’s main office, shortening or simplifying commute trips for a nearby concentration of employees.
- Company Culture Focus: Develop opportunities to retain company culture through virtual hangouts and events.
Who can Flexwork?
- Businesses of all sizes, locations, and industries can implement Flexwork policies!
- Many companies start with pilot programs to evaluate which positions or teams are best suited for Flexwork options. Work with Commute Seattle to get started!
- Employee recruitment, retention and work/life balance
- Workplace productivity
- Environmental impact
- Cost savings for business and commuters
- Reduce the need for office space