Cut Costs. Make Friends. Share the Ride.
When it comes to options for getting around town – whether commuting or for leisure, rideshare options have never been better, or easier to access. Carpools and vanpools provide the flexibility and point-to-point convenience of car travel, but with the opportunity to dramatically cut fuel costs, get cheaper parking, use HOV/HOT lanes, and avoid wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Platforms like Uber, Lyft, Car2Go, ReachNow and Zipcar provide flexible options for all types of travel (scroll down for more info). What’s not to like?
Find out if there is a VanPool accepting riders in your neighborhood by contacting your local Transit Agency, or creating a profile on RideshareOnline, a statewide database of people looking for carpool and vanpool partners. Just enter your home and work addresses, find a match, and anonymously reach out to them. It’s that simple!
- King County Metro provides one of the USA’s largest vanpool fleets. You can use a Metro van if your commute trip either starts, ends, or stays within King County.
- Community Transit is Snohomish County’s main transit provider, and they too have a large and healthy vanpool program driven by a large Boeing workforce at Paine Field in Everett, but with a substantial fleet commuting to Seattle as well.
- Pierce Transit is Pierce County’s transit and vanpool provider, with dozens of vans heading to worksites such as Joint Base Lewis McChord, the warehouses of South King County, or into Downtown Seattle.
- Kitsap Transit is Kitsap County’s transit and vanpool provider, and their innovative vanpool solutions are nationally recognized, including “worker-driver” vanpools that use vanpool service structures but with full-size transit buses.
- Intercity Transit is Thurston County’s transit and vanpool provider, with a large fleet serving state workers in Olympia, Joint Base Lewis McChord personnel, long-haul commuters into Seattle, and more.
Ready to go? Get Started!
Use Rideshare for Getting Around Town
Why pay for parking and maintenance of your car when you can easily jump into one of these great rides and quickly get where you need to go?!
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
We provide our members with access to a wide-variety of cars—small cars, big cars, BMWs, vans, etc—in cities, campuses and airports around the globe. Once you join, you can reserve by the hour or day, right away or up to a year in advance. Gas and insurance always included. Now featuring flexibility with one way trips. Check us out at www.zipcar.com
ReachNow is a premium car sharing service, owned by the BMW Group. ReachNow is designed to provide a user experience that’s as convenient as owning a car: Drive on your own terms without the hassle and expense of traditional car rental programs. www.bmwcarsharing.com
Car2go offers an innovative mobility solution via a carsharing network of eco-friendly smart fortwo vehicles. A flexible and “on demand” mode of transportation, car2go complements existing public transportation by bridging the gaps between the “first and last mile” of a member’s commute.
Tap the app, get a ride: Uber is the smartest way to get around. One tap and a car comes directly to you. Daily commute. Errand across town. Early morning flight. Wherever you’re headed, count on Uber for a ride—no reservations needed.
Need a commute option that adapts to your changing schedule? Meet iCarpool – a mobile app to carpool with others going your way instantly! There’s no fixed schedule or commitment. It’s share-the-expense carpooling that is flexible, instant and social! www.icarpool.com.